Thursday, April 10, 2008

A New 'Do


Katelin turned ten on the 6th of April and for her birthday she wants to donate her long, beautiful hair to Locks of Love. So we have an appointment on Friday to get it done. We bought a hair magazine and picked out a cute short cut and she is really excited!

In the meantime...
Before
After

I have been really hesitant to cut Maren's hair much throughout her short life, but with preparing for Kate's haircut something in me snapped. I got a wild hair today and cut Maren's all off. I don't know why because I have loved putting her hair up in french twists and buns, poytails, etc... She's pretty good to humor me. But today I just went crazy-- I didn't even wait for my friend, Lindsay (who cuts our hair) to have an appointment-- I just did it myself!! I think it turned out pretty darn cute!! I meant for it to be a tad longer, but... I guess that's why they have you go to school for that type of thing.

5 comments:

Brad and Lindsay said...

Love it! It looks darling on her...I wouldn't expect anything less! She is so cute. I'll see you tomorrow Katelyn!

Tricia Bowen said...

It's so cute! You did an awesome job! And, I can't believe that Katelin is 10 years old! I thought about her on April 6th. Man, does that make me feel old???!!!! Hope you are all well! We need to talk and catch up soon!

meg 'n' rich said...

Her hair really does look cute! She was so proud of it yesterday. I am excited to see Kate with the new do! She is going to look so great! I still can't believe she is so mature, I mean really, what other 10 year old wants to give her hair away as her own birthday present?! She rocks!

J.J. said...

I cannot believe how big katelyn is, she is no longer a little girl. She is beautiful and I think that is so awsome she wants to give her hair to locks of love. Way to go Katelyn.
You did a great job on Maren's hair, and I can't belive how big she is getting. Your girls are just beautiful.
Did you get Sheri M. email? We should get together, I'm sure you have been one busy women!!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

Maren's hair looks adorable! You have cute kids, so whatever their hair cute, they are cute!