Sunday, April 13, 2008

Locks of Love

I am so proud of Katelin! She has always been very kind-hearted, but she really amazed me with her desire to participate in the Locks of Love program. She heard about it a few months ago and decided-- completely on her own-- to do it. She was really touched that her donated hair would go to someone, probably a child, who was suffering from hairloss because of illness.

I have to stress just how important Kate's hair has always been to her. She loved having it long and being able to do so many styles with it. But once her mind was made up to do this, she could not be persuaded otherwise!
Kate kept her eyes closed the whole time, until the "big reveal."
She constantly amazes me with the depth of her love for others. I am so proud of her!! I might be a bit prejudiced, too, but I think she is absolutely beautiful-- with long or short hair!!
We love you, Sweetie!!!

4 comments:

meg 'n' rich said...

AAAAHHH! I love her new hair cut!! She looks so beautiful and so grown up! Wow! What an amazing young lady she is turning out to be!

J.J. said...

She is all grown up and such a beautiful girl. That is so amazing what she did, some one is going to have her beautiful hair!!
Looks like she had a fun birthday party.

My blog is https://www.jjfree04.blogspot.com

Sum & Ben said...

She is stunning!! I love the hair cut!! I think that it fits her personality perfectly!! It will be nice in the summer too!! Way to go Kate!!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

Kate, your hair is so cute! You are so sweet to donate it someone that needs it. You look darling!