Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Party
This Christmas season has been a great one! It started out with D.J. being Santa at the church Christmas party. The first photo says it all...

We begged Maren to keep the secret after she took one look at Santa and said, "Hey, that's my dad." The funniest thing was at the end of the party, when she said, in a loud, dramatic voice, "Its just too bad my dad missed seeing Santa." (Good effort with the acting, Maren!)


Maren & Santa ..................... Christopher & Santa



Making Christmas Cookies with Grandma Annie
Its tradition for the kids to make Christmas sugar cookies with Grandma Annie every year. They have so much fun and she is very patient with them. Katelin decorated all of them by herself though, as Maren and Christopher had lost interest by the time all of the cookies were finally baked and cooled. Kate did a great job, they were so cute!






Christmas Day
D.J. and I were awake at 6:00 am waiting for the kids to wake up-- I think we might have been even more excited than they were to get Christmas Day rolling! Finally at 8:00 am we woke the last child up and headed to the tree.


Casador, the dog, and Maren both give a cheesy grin.



I think we are in BIG trouble-- too many electronic games for the kids. I may have lost them for the next 7-10 years... and no, this was NOT a posed picture.


Christmas Afternoon
D.J.'s sister, Lisa, and her children came over for some munchies and relaxin'. We had fun just hanging out with them for the rest of the night. We have a great time with Lisa and her family. Our kids LOVE being with their older cousins.


Joselyn, Malissa, Deb & Mallory

Mallory gives a great tummy-rub!!



Right before bed...
Yeah, we ARE in trouble. They will forever be "plugged in." (Notice Maren crashed on the Love Sac. She was lulled to sleep by the tummy-rubbin'.)

We hope all of our family and friends had a wonderful Christmas Day!!

3 comments:

Callie said...

Your kids are so cute! I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas! Looks like Santa spoiled you guys, guess you weren't naughty after all!

Kelly said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a blast. I am sad it has come and gone...

Jackie said...

Man, if I had only known D.J. was Santa - my life would have been totally different....and you, sleeping with the big guy all these years. That gives an entire new meaning to the song, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" ;)-I have friends in high places and I didn't even know it.