Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Williams Winter Fun







Ok so we had to find a good way to enjoy the piles of snow we've received this winter so we rented a 4-wheeler with snow cat tracks on it. That was fun!! We took turns on it and tried not to break all the H.O.A. rules around here. Then D.J. took it on an elk hunt with my brother (D.J.'s best friend), Chris. They broke it in really well together.

PARENTAL ADVISORY:
some gruesome photos ahead...



Here is a photo of Chris- topher getting to help with his first
"skinning" of an elk. (His knife was fairly dull...) He had even done his hair into a "faux-hawk" for the occasion. He had a ball but my garage will never be the same. It looked like a movie set for C.S.I.
I thought I'd include some pix of D.J. doing some of the things he does best. D.J. works hard so we try and let him play hard, too. He has a 5 year old chocolate Lab named Casador (meaning "hunter" in Spanish) and each year this dog averages around 100 retrieves of ducks, geese, etc. Not all of those being D.J.'s shots. He hunts with a lot of different guys.

I have really enjoyed all of the comments from everyone! Come again, soon!





4 comments:

Jackie said...

Too funny....all those pictures of D.J. look a little too familiar to me. I have pictures of Jay in all the same gear, doing all the same things. I must say you are one good woman to go along on a hunt. Jay has mentioned me going and I told him that I would be glad to go, but I would stay back in the trailor and scrapbook while he hunted. So far we haven't come to any agreements on the deal :), but I am not above puttin' on any camo :).

Jackie said...

Hey Deb-
Forgot to add. How would The first Friday in March be for dinner. Saturday nights are rough for us these days. You know....church at 9:00. If we are not home on Saturday night getting everything ready for Sunday then the entire morning is a mess.....catch my drift sister?
March 7th good? Your treat right ;)? tee hee

J.J. said...

Love the pictures, I can't believe how big your kids are getting. We really need to get together. Thanks for sending your blog, I have enjoyed looking at it.

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows, Deb is my "best friend". Deb's brother, Chris, runs a close second.