Thursday, February 28, 2008

Basketball and bubbles

Ok, so not much new happening but life is still fun here. Kate is nearing the end of her basketball season, which will be a bummer for her. She really enjoys playing on a team. She can still get a bit silly with the other girls at practice, but come game time--its all business, baby! Their team has done really well playing together this year and even won all of their games, except two.
As a mom its so incredibly fun watching her play. I really had no idea how much I'd love it. I have a hard time staying in my seat and not screaming at the top of my lungs. I would be embarrassed about this if I was the only parent doing it but I have a lot of company. Basketball may be near an end but baseball starts for Christopher in 3 weeks. So I'm keeping the pom-poms handy.

Maren and I are enjoying our "just us" time while Dad's at work and the other kids are at school. We blow a lot of bubbles and eat just a little bit of candy. (Much more than the other two kids ever got--Mom's parenting is getting much more relaxed.) We got the chance to hang out with our friend, Baby Jack, today. He is six-months old and the cutest thing! It was fun to see Maren take care of him. She hovered over him the whole time, playing peek-a-boo and covering his lap with toys. Its odd to think that she will never get the chance to be an older sister. She is used to being "mothered" by Chris & Kate that it was fun for her to be the "older" kid. She was so sweet and gentle with him. Cute!
Another cute thing is Maren on the potty. I only have limited time to get these kind of pictures. I will need them for her dating years and photo montage at her wedding. This picture was of Maren this last Sunday, after she stripped down and jumped up on the potty. I was only present after she yelled, "Mom, come look at all of this poop!" She was asking to be photographed!
I love it!

2 comments:

J.J. said...

I can't believe Maren is already potty training, your baby is growing up. Sounds like you have fun with the sports.

Jackie said...

I am just waiting for the entry on our dinner.I know it will be deep and meaningful.
...go ahead begin.......