Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July "Williams-style"


OK, so of course we went camping, but we did do all of the other mandatory 4th of July stuff: the parade, fireworks, etc...we just did it our own way.

We were camped in the Fishlake National Forest but we started out the 4th with a parade... Of four huge bull elk. This was pretty impressive. We were driving up to a mountain lake to go paddling and came around the corner to see this.



Then that night we hiked to the edge of a huge cliff and sat there and watched the firework displays of three different towns. It was great! Then we went back to our camp and gave each kid a bunch of glow-sticks and I messed around with the dials of my camera and got some pretty funky shots.




Then the next day I went on a solo walk and took some fun photos...



Some of my favorite flowers are Columbine and I'd never seen pure white before.

On Saturday we went kayaking but I couldn't get my dog to keep ahold of the paddle. I ended up doing most of the rowing myself.


There was this beautiful meadow across from the lake and Maren let me snap some photos of her...

It was a fun trip, as usual!

5 comments:

meg 'n' rich said...

I love the "Williams Style" 4th of July! So much less hectic than the normal one! Great pics, Deb. Glad you guys are having such a great summer!

the dutson five said...

Great photos! Looks like so much fun!

Rodgers clan said...

what beautiful pics. I love that you guys go camping so much, I would to go that often. So fun. Cacia

White Family said...

So happy you guys had fun except I get really sad that you leave me so often. When am I going to be good enough for you to add me to your friends list? Thanks BFF!!

J.J. said...

Sounds like a wonderful 4th of July. I really like the pictures you took they are so beautiful, you should print and frame them.